N A D I A H Z A I N
posted by nadiah zain August 17, 2019 0 comments


"Life" is such a wide umbrella ; a word that covers many, many things, and everyone's experience of it is different. So let's narrow it down. Let's look at some poems about life that crack open how life can feel when we're struggling and things are hard. But also ones that put a balm on that wound. There's a lot of shit going on right now. There always is, but it's been particularly sharp and thorny lately and sometimes we need someone to put that into words we just don't have in us. Words that make us feel heard and understood, that acknowledge our pain and how heavy life can feel.

And sometimes we also need to get put back together again; to be reminded of the ways we can get through this, how we have overcome, and how, despite it all, life give us HOPE. Poems like that serve as a reminder that we are not alone, and there is still beauty to be had even if it's just in the form of a perfect line of poetry. 

What my body knows
is not a lie it's not
a lie I tell you it's not
it's nothing short of truth 
and nothing larger 
my past lodges 
in my marrow and if 
I wanted a transplant
there'd be no match
others' sorrow dwarf
my petty traumas still
the bones are mine
when they creak
when they moan
when they whine 
there's only one thing
I can claim these bones 
are mine I tell you 
they are mine and kind
to abandon no thing
that makes this pulse 
no one but me.



design by Wanaseoby
RAW Paste Data